Thursday, May 22, 2014

Day 6!


            Well Hiya from Ireland! What a wonderful place we have been in for the past 6 days! God has been blessing us so much here. You would think traveling across the big blue you wouldn’t feel at home, but these people welcomed us with open arms. They accepted us right away as part of their family. We started in Galway and we have now made it to Lisburn where we have been for the past couple days. Let me just point out that the people of Mt. Zion Community church are some God loving people. We see it everyday we are with them, they love God and they want to do everything they can to spread His love. Like today, they really want to start getting involved in the schools, so they took us to one of their local middle and high schools and we got to lead some songs and share testimonies in 3 classrooms plus a lunch session. The kids there were so attentive to what we were saying to them, it was an amazing experience. Most kids here in Ireland do not grow up in Christian homes, so it was such a blessing to be in their school planting the seed that Christ loves them too. They may not get it in one day but I pray what they heard today they would remember. Being here has humbled me in many ways, I was so lucky to have grown up in a Christian home knowing from the start that God loves me and he always will because here in Ireland the kids may never hear that. Which knowing this just brings tears to my eyes. If I could, I would go up to all the people here and tell them about Gods love, no one should have to live without that. We as Christians need to realize that God gave us a job and that is to spread his love to all nations. It’s time to step up!
             When we got to Lisburn I just felt like God was telling me I need to be reading the book of Ezekiel while we were here and the part that I feel lead to share with you is in chapter 3. God is sending his warning to Israel through Ezekiel and he tells him this
  
   17 “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house if Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. 18 When I say to a wicked man, ’You will surely die,’ and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 19 But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself.

            We as Christians are here for a purpose and in our everyday lives we need to be living like Christ and spreading God’s love. You don’t have to cross oceans to do it either, try starting with your neighbor. God is coming back and soon, the least I can do his spread his love till that day comes!
            All right enough with the heavy stuff J This trip has been an experience of a lifetime! There has been so much laughter and fun! I couldn’t have asked for a better group of people to come with (love you guys)! I’m so glad we get to be God’s Kingdom Workers here in Ireland!

                                                                                                            Lots of Love,
                                                                                                                      Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment