Friday, February 28, 2014

A message from Lucy!

Hello everyone!

I'm Lucy, and I'm a vocalist for Half Peeled Orange. (ha, I can't even take myself seriously when I type that out.) I am so excited about this trip we are taking to Ireland, and I wanted to share a little bit about what God's been speaking to me about it.

The truth of the matter is that God has called this group of people to go to Northern Ireland. Honestly, I don't know what to expect, but I know that, because He has called us there, He will be working. And I cannot wait to meet the beautiful extension of God's church in Northern Ireland. Incredible! I have a hard time believing that it is actually happening!

Honestly, the biggest thing I've been sensing from God is the importance of us, as worship leaders,  embracing the spirit of humility. None of this is about us. We are all instruments in the grand orchestra that God is conducting. It's about the Kingdom of God coming on earth. Oh, how I long for that! When hearts will be healed. When pain will be eased. When all that we do is defined by the Agape love of Christ.

More than anything, I pray that God would use us to simply love the people we encounter, that we would be open to the work He is doing in our own hearts, not just in the hearts of the people there. And I pray that God would use us to further His Kingdom on earth.

And I believe He will.

Will you join me in praying the Prayer of St. Francis for our team? It truly embodies what God has for us, I think.

Lord, make us an instrument of your peace. 
Where there is hatred, let us sow love. 
Where there is injury, pardon. 
Where there is doubt,  faith. 
Where there is despair, hope. 
Where there is darkness, light. 
Where there is sadness, joy!

Oh, Divine Master, grant that we may

Not so much seek to be consoled as to console, 
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love. 
For it's in giving that we receive. 
And it's in pardoning that we are pardoned. 
And it's in dying that we are born to eternal life. 

Amen. 


--St. Francis of Assisi


Would you also pray about donating to our trip? It's going to cost around $2500 for each person, and, Lord knows, none of us has that. :) We're just trusting God to provide. You can make checks out to New Hope International Ministries and send them to: 



New Hope International Ministries
One Macklem Drive
Wilmore, KY 40390

Thanks for following our blog and reading! We appreciate all of the support that has been shown to us thus far. It's encouraging and really blesses us. 


May God give you grace and peace in every moment. 


--Lucy 





No comments:

Post a Comment